Well I am finally getting around to writing in this thing. I am starting this a little late (I am on week 6 of PA school, I think) because I was trying to get my page organized and looking good before I started letting the public see it. However, with the way school is keeping me busy I fear that if I wait until I actually have time to figure it all out I will have graduated from PA school. :-) So please bare with me as I get this page polished up a bit. ... Moving on, since I am going to be writing my intro in the "about" section I will just let you guys know why it is I am doing this and maybe what I will be posting.
The two main reasons why I am writing this blog are so: 1) My family and friends can keep up with what is going on with me since I have little time to actually sit and talk with them about everything, and 2) so that I have something to look back on at the end of all of this and can see where I was, and where I am. I think self reflection is a great tool for learning and growing. The other reason I wanted to write this is because I know that there are a lot of pre-PAs out there, or people who may be remotely interested in becoming a PA, that are wondering what it is like in PA school. I know I heard a lot of stories about it before I went to PA school, but sometimes having someone who I could watch (or rather - read) go through it and see them over-come the hardships was an invaluable resource.
Now on to what it is I will be posting. I have seen and read through other PA-S (Physician Assistant Student) blogs and all of them had a different purpose in mind, it seemed, as to why they were posting. Some were posting merely as what seemed to keep there relatives and friends up-to-date with their life, and yet some others seem to be posting as an educational resource for those wanting to pursue PA school solely. I plan on doing a bit of both. I just want to have fun with this, and hopefully post at least once a week (and maybe sometimes more).
Alright that is enough for now. If you have any questions or comments while I am writing this, please feel free! I hope this can be of benefit to others as other PA-S blogs had been for me.
M-R
2 comments:
I think what you are going is a great thing not only for your family and friends but also to someone who just wants to know what it's like to go through PA school. As your mom, I want to give you some advice: "When things seem to be crashing in on you, just remember that you have less then two years and you will have accomplished your goal." I am so very PROUD to have you as my Son! I love you!! ~~MOM
Vanilla face, what's up? I am pretty excited to see what kind of stuff you put up on here. I hope it makes you feel better knowing that I will be analyzing your writings like Marcincavage would on her period. That was probably disrespectful to her, as well as completely uncalled for. I am over it. That's kind of what I do. At any rate, I am sure I will enjoy reading these and look forward to actually being able to communicate with you in some way, shape, or form. Good stuff so far. Keep it coming.
Post a Comment