Sunday, July 19, 2009

Rotation Shake Down!!

Well we finally got our rotation schedule. I was really nervous when we found out in an email during class that we would be getting our schedules right after lecture. Needless to say I dont think I remember a single thing that was taught after that. I am not sure why I was so freaked. I had told myself a long time ago that I have no control over where I go. I even told our clinical coordinator that I didnt care where she sent me, asn long as the rotation site was good and she thought I would do well / learn a lot there. Still I was pretty nervous. Well without further ado:

Clinical Rotation Schedule

1) Aug 31st - Pediatrics
2) Sept 28th - Surgery
3) Oct 26th - Psychiatry
4) Nov 30th - Rural Medicine (elective)
5) Jan 4th - Critical Care (elective)
6) Feb 1st - Family Medicine (2 months)
7) April 5th - OB/GYN (3 weeks at a planned parenthood clinic/ 1 week OB in hospital)
8) May 3rd - Internal Medicine (2 months)
9) July 6th - Emergency Medicine

I am really excited. However my motivation has almost completely run away from me. I need to get my head back in the game. If you see my motivation will you tell it to go back home? Thanks!

M-R

2 comments:

ChristinePAS said...

So, do you know where you're going, or just when? Are the locations ones you like?

It's interesting to see how different schools set up their rotations schedule - we have ten rotations with one elective (inpatient medicine, outpatient medicine, pediatrics, psych, OB/gyn, geriatrics, orthopedics, ER, surgery, and elective). Most rotations are 5 weeks long, and three of them are 4 weeks long with a week off before. I'm still in my first rotation (inpatient medicine) which concludes with written and physical exams at the end of the month. (EEK!)

... Why did I think you had already started your rotations? hm. Good luck with your finals, I guess! :)

Bridget said...

Hello! This is the ticker website I use: http://easy-hit-counters.com.

Hope it helps! Good luck with everything.